The Drupal Console is a suite of tools run from a command line interface (CLI) to generate boilerplate code and interact with a Drupal 8 installation. From the ground up, it has been built to utilize the same modern PHP practices which were introduced in Drupal 8.
The goal of this session is to provide a complete understanding on how to use Drupal Console to speed up the Drupal 8 site building.
Drupal 8 is more technically advanced when compared to earlier versions. Writing a module involves a lot of understanding about coding pattern. There are also a lot of things you need to know and do just to get started building a new module. These tasks can be repetitive and tedious and can therefore create opportunities for errors. Fortunately, a lot of the new code can be generated automatically using Drupal Console.
During this session, attendees will learn:
- What is the Drupal Console?.
- Why should you care about Drupal Console?.
- How to install and use Drupal Console.
- How to develop integrations for Drupal Console (custom commands for contrib modules).
- How to use Drupal Console to learn Drupal 8.