We know that Drupal 8 has moved from hook_menu to routing system which is heavily based on Symfony's. It can do everything that Symfony's routing component can (and more), and both use the same syntax to define routes.
We will talk about the following in the session:
- What are Routes.Why we need them?
- Routes and Controllers
- What are parameters in routes?
- Access checking on routes
- Custom Access Checkers
- CSRF Prevention on routes
- Altering routes
- Provide dynamic routes
- Parameters upcasting in Routes like how nid gets converted to its actual node object
- Using Parameters in routes and how to access them
Attendees should be familiar with:
- Basic Drupal 8 module development.
- Basic OOP principles and practices.
After attending this session attendees will be able to:
- Create custom routes and controllers in Drupal 8
- Alter existing routes and add dynamic routes
- Access parameters and use custom parameter upcasting in routes